Sentinels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free form RPG focusing around an original universe filled with Superhuman beings, featuring teams, elements, and characters all made from the ground up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Meeting the Neighbours (Open)
Sentinel Rule Book EmptySeptember 25th 2016, 2:00 pm by DivingDart

» Road Trip! (Bloo, Izzy)
Sentinel Rule Book EmptySeptember 22nd 2016, 8:20 pm by Acrimonious

» No Love Lost (DD)
Sentinel Rule Book EmptySeptember 13th 2016, 4:11 pm by Izzy

» Yui Fotias
Sentinel Rule Book EmptySeptember 7th 2016, 5:33 pm by Railyn

» En Passant (Bloo)
Sentinel Rule Book EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 9:59 pm by Acrimonious

» 'Mr Blobby'
Sentinel Rule Book EmptyAugust 30th 2016, 11:40 pm by Izzy

» The Grateful (Bloo)
Sentinel Rule Book EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 6:44 pm by Bloo

» Enchanting (Izzy)
Sentinel Rule Book EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 2:46 pm by Acrimonious

» Captain Orion
Sentinel Rule Book EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 1:02 am by Izzy

Top posting users this week
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 16 on October 23rd 2021, 5:13 pm
Top posters
Acrimonious
Sentinel Rule Book I_vote_lcapSentinel Rule Book I_voting_barSentinel Rule Book I_vote_rcap 
Izzy
Sentinel Rule Book I_vote_lcapSentinel Rule Book I_voting_barSentinel Rule Book I_vote_rcap 
Bloo
DivingDart
Emmi
Railyn
Shugo
hotwire

Sentinel Rule Book

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Izzy
Admin
Izzy

Sentinel Rule Book Empty
PostSubject: Sentinel Rule Book   Sentinel Rule Book EmptyJuly 12th 2016, 11:52 pm

BASIC RULES

1. Please limit yourself to one account. I understand that character limitations can be a bit of a pain, but I’ve done my best to ensure this will be absolutely no problem here. Additionally, I don’t want to artificially inflate our active posters and members. As such, let’s limit ourselves to one account, yes?

2. Godmodding is not and will never be permitted. This is where you control another person’s character, or even try to hit them through 'autohitting'. This prevents the character’s original controller from acting out potential actions. It is also unbearably obnoxious and no one will want to RP with you. Very basic, control YOUR character only. Staff members have the full right to dish out any punishment deemed fit to godmodders.

3. Do not post ‘adult content’. Look, I allow cursing just fine, provided it isn’t every other word. We all get carried away sometimes and I’m a shining example of that. However, there is no excuse for adult content and you will be warned...and quite possibly banned.

4. Do not argue the decisions of the staff. Heavy punishments are not dished out by one staff member, we discuss it as a group and as a team. Due to this, arguing and bringing it to another staff member will do absolutely nothing to help your case.

5. Make sure to follow all of our creation rules when creating a new character or element or whatever, and make sure to get it approved before using it. Failure to do so will result in a warning, followed by another penalty determined by our staff team.

6. Do not metagame. Metagaming is when you use outside information to influence the roleplay. For example, lets say that Generic Hero Number 1 is fighting Generic Villain Number 1 and they have never met before. Generic Villain Number 1 uses his opponent’s ONE TRUE WEAKNESS AT THE START OF THE FIGHT THAT HE WOULD NEVER KNOW AND- you see how this is a problem, yes? Keep in mind what your character knows, and work strictly off of that.

7. Toxicity. Look, I had to address it, and I know better than literally anyone that other people can get under your skin. You get angry and you say some things you shouldn’t. Believe me, I get that. The fact of the matter is though that toxicity is dangerous for a forum. You can be banned for it, so try and let off that steam another way than going directly at someone or their character. Otherwise we will dish out punishment. No one is exempt from this rule. That being said...

8. If you feel a staff member is being unfair toward you, please bring it directly to me. I will handle the situation. Just because you've had issues with our rules before does not make you a criminal, and you have no right to be treated like one.

9. Try not to drop your RPs. Sometimes things get in the way, so this is more of a courtesy call. Try not to drop the roleplays that you have going with others. Both parties will leave the thread unsatisfied and unsure of what to do with their characters. It’s just not a fun thing to have happen.

10. Do not inject history between characters, and if you do clear it with the other person. Do not start a thread in Sentinel Base Gamma and pretend your character has been there all along. No one will have any idea what’s going on. If you’d like to join a team, contact the leader of that team. We all have hoops for you to jump through for our amusement!

11. Please do color your character's dialogue. While I won't exactly enforce this, it would make my eyes very happy if you did it. This makes the paragraphs very easy to scan for key things to respond to and generally makes the RP feel a bit more...colorful...for lack of a better word! This can be done by using that fancy text box contraption!

12. Have fun. I want this to be a very low stress thing. This is where we come to relax, not to work and fill a quota before the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
https://sentinelsrpg.rpg-board.net

Sentinel Rule Book
Page 1 of 1